June 02, 2012

50 Days to 50 - A Refuge

Day 5


When darkness casts a shadow on my soul,
when it presses through to the edges of my heart,
I find myself weary, desperate, seeking rest.
Sometimes the ache comes from life's turns
and with those there is a sense of acceptance.
The knowledge that sometimes things "just happen"
can in itself be a form a comfort when human hands
cannot turn the wheels of circumstance, we find resolve.

Then there are those times when the cruelty of others,
selfishness, hate, greed and insecurities rain down
into our lives and threaten to crush us under the weight.
Even in those times, I am found by His goodness,
surrounded by His faithfulness,
saved by His infinite love for me.
The grace He extends for me,
He gives in abundance so I may
extend it to those who He calls my enemies.

The times I feel bombarded and in my weakness
He becomes my refuge and strength.

Psalm 139: 7-12 (NKJV)
"7 Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
8 If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 Even there Your hand shall lead me,
And Your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall fall[a] on me,”
Even the night shall be light about me;
12 Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You,
But the night shines as the day;
The darkness and the light are both alike to You."

Always,

Hope

(NOTE: This is my Jubilee year. Scripture speaks of this year as a time for restoration and debts to be cancelled. I see it as a time to reflect and to count my blessings. Knowing how precious life is and how miraculous it is, I want to write about His goodness.)

No comments: