June 03, 2012

50 days to 50 - New Mercies

Day 6


As the sun rises I often try to hold on to every last bit of quiet that seems to leave as the light begins to chase the shadows away. It is almost as if the stillness awakens, ready to fill the day with the sounds that morning brings.

The best thing about the morning is that I get do overs. A fresh start. Another day for my God to write new stories in my heart. Yesterday can be a crumpled up ball in the bottom of the basket or I can rip out the pieces worth saving. Even though yesterday is part of my story, today I get to choose how I will respond to the characters. What pieces of former chapters will shape me and in what ways will I be defined.

Lamentations 3:21-23
21 This I recall to my mind,
Therefore I have hope.
22 Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.


Always,

Hope

(NOTE: This is my Jubilee year. Scripture speaks of this year as a time for restoration and debts to be cancelled. I see it as a time to reflect and to count my blessings. Knowing how precious life is and how miraculous it is, I want to write about His goodness.)

No comments: