June 04, 2012

50 Days to 50 - Grace

Day 7

According to Merriam Webster

Grace has been on my heart recently. Not just the grace I've received but the grace I am asked to extend. True to the character of my loving Savior, the grace I extend blesses me just as much if not more than the receiver. It enables me to be more intimate with my God in whom I find hope and peace. In grace I find healing. He pours His grace over me, through me and before me. In Psalm 23 it tells me that He restores my soul and He even prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies!
For years I really think I understood grace was for those who had stopped sinning or who never sin. Now I firmly believe it is offered to "displace" our desire to sin. So when we truly offer God's grace to one another, it is drawing them to our Savior, not shaming them away.

Always,

Hope



(NOTE: This is my Jubilee year. Scripture speaks of this year as a time for restoration and debts to be cancelled. I see it as a time to reflect and to count my blessings. Knowing how precious life is and how miraculous it is, I want to write about His goodness.)

No comments: