June 08, 2012

50 Days to 50 - Light Burdens


Day 11

Then Jesus said,
“Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens,
and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you,
because I am humble and gentle at heart,
and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”
MATTHEW 11:29-30


Let's face it, as the parent of a child with multiple medical needs, there is plenty in my life that can feel like a burden. Things that weigh on me seem heavier on days when The Princess isn't feeling well but they can be just as tough when I'm the one who is tired. Ordering medical supplies, formulas or gtube equipment, keeping on top of educational services as well as home services (respite, equipment and home remodels) can crowd my already weary brain. So when it comes to trying to juggle emotional and spiritual burdens, I find myself spent. When my heart is so very heavy for those who are hurting, when I myself am feeling betrayed or misunderstood, I can stand on the the words of my Saviour.

Sitting at His feet I find peace.
Soaking in His Word I find joy.
Standing on His promises I find hope.

His yoke is light. If what I am carrying is too heavy, it isn't mine to take on.

Always,

Hope




(NOTE: This is my Jubilee year. Scripture speaks of this year as a time for restoration and debts to be cancelled. I see it as a time to reflect and to count my blessings. Knowing how precious life is and how miraculous it is, I want to write about His goodness.)

No comments: