June 09, 2012

50 Days to 50 - Saturdays

Day 12


Waking up early in the morning seems nicer when you don't have to be anywhere.
The Coffee Guy cracks open the french doors over the balcony facing the trees. Giant green leaves shake with chirping birds and hungry squirrels. The fresh Oregon air is still crisp. I prop myself up on extra pillows, steam swirling out of my bright blue coffee cup filled with sweet creamy french roast.
Before too many thoughts spill into my mind I reach for my iPod, switch from the crashing sounds of waves that lull me to sleep at night and let the sounds of the morning take over. I soak in every second because because I want it to last.
Saturdays are our brunch, bike, extra date, catch up, farmer's market and family day. When the kiddos were little, it was pile on the bed day. Jammied children, storybooks and giggles were the norm. It is a time to catch up before Sunday kicks in and the pace picks up. It is our day of rest.
It is sacred. We find peace. Our hearts are drawn to each other and most weeks, away from the world. It hasn't always been this way but it is now. Now it valuable. Now is worth protecting.
Do you have a set aside day? Everyone should!

Always,

Hope

(NOTE: This is my Jubilee year. Scripture speaks of this year as a time for restoration and debts to be cancelled. I see it as a time to reflect and to count my blessings. Knowing how precious life is and how miraculous it is, I want to write about His goodness.)

No comments: