June 15, 2012

50 Days to 50 - Grace Revisited

Day 18



Grace is such a beautiful concept. It was my Day 7 topic. Favor that is unmerited and unearned. It is offered to us from an all knowing, loving God. We can't earn it. It is a gift. Because it is unmerited, it means that it covers the choices we make that turn out to be mistakes.
This week I learned something new about grace. When I extended it to someone else, it became more alive in me. Extending grace changed something in me. It may or may not have softened the heart of the other person but there is no doubt it strengthened me. It allowed God's love to flow through me. It gave me peace.
As I approach 50, I realize how much more I have to learn, how much of His Holiness I haven't experienced and how He loves me with an unfailing love. I am getting a glimpse (a very small glimpse) of how He must feel when I trust that His grace is sufficient for me. My response is a gift back to Him.

Always,

Hope


(NOTE: This is my Jubilee year. Scripture speaks of this year as a time for restoration and debts to be cancelled. I see it as a time to reflect and to count my blessings. Knowing how precious life is and how miraculous it is, I want to write about His goodness.)

No comments: