May 29, 2012

50 Days to 50 - The Countdown Begins

I am beyond blessed. The Lord has given me an abundant life! He promised in His Word that He came to do just that. John 10:10b "...I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."


This is my Jubilee year. Scripture speaks of this year as a time for restoration and debts to be cancelled. I see it as a time to reflect and to count my blessings. Knowing how precious life is and how miraculous it is, I want to write about His goodness.


So in no particular order and in no way will this ever be an all inclusive list...




Day 1




The Love of This Man

Sneaking up behind him at my Dad's 80th Birthday bash.

There is no doubt in my mind that the love this man shows to me, is a blessing from God. In December of 1988, Dad told him that I "needed a keeper". You can take that two ways but it doesn't matter, that description fits The Coffee Guy to a T.
Yes, at times I can become scattered and forget what I am supposed to be doing, so the phrase, "she needs a keeper" has come to mean, to keep me from losing my way. To keep me fed, clothed and sometimes entertained. 
Really though, he is a keeper. With the parade of unsuitable suitors that made their way through my life, he was the only "keeper".
He has never given up on me, he follows God with his whole heart and draws on that to love me every day. It is a choice he makes and a blessing I never want to take for granted.

Always,

Hope

2 comments:

C'est l'abeille said...

Most def. a KEEPER!!! (Not that I want to argue with your Dad, but I do not believe you "need" a keeper! I love you just the way you are.)

Jemelene said...

Oh trust me. I needed a keeper (past tense). Now I'm just a kept woman. ;)