November 04, 2012

Thankfulness Journal - Day 4 - Boring Stuff and In Betweens


Sitting on the couch last night, I leaned over and squeezed my beloved's hand. As he glanced my way I told him, "I like the in betweens." He smiled back "The in betweens?" he asked. "Yes, the times when we aren't doing anything but being with each other. The times where we aren't busy or doing something exciting...the in betweens."

It is so easy to get caught up in the doing of life that we forget the being. Our calendars are filled with events, meetings, school plays, sports, weddings, birthday parties and church. So often we wait until we are too tired to do anything else before taking the time to let God speak to our soul. Life gets so loud that we no longer hear the heart whispers of our Creator or those we love. We cram our lives so full that there is very little time for the "in betweens".

In the Disney movie UP! Mr. Fredrickson and Russell are in the rain forest after riding in a house lifted by thousands of colorful balloons. Listing the simple things the young boy had done with his father before he left, Russell says:
"That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff
is the stuff I remember the most."



Me too Russell, me too.

Always,


Hope

1 comment:

KI said...

Phew and amen. :)