November 02, 2012

Thankfulness Journal - Day 2 - The Gift of Getting Lost

Just a few years after we moved from Southern California to our lovely rural town, I was asked if I wanted to drive to a city about an hour north of here to do some shopping. Accepting the invitation I offered to drive exclaiming "I've been lost there before!" Noting the fear on my friend's face I went on to explain. Since I've been lost there a few times, I now know my way around much better.

Those moments where my soul ached to find a way out of pain, confusion and loneliness in life are no different. Getting lost has taught me to navigate better through storms, one way streets and detours. It's also opened my eyes to things I wouldn't have seen if I had stayed on the mapped paths. His Word tells me, if I delight myself in Him, He will direct my paths. (Proverbs 3:5,6)

Just like winding my ways through a once unfamiliar town, navigating through life is just as much about overcoming loss as it is being protected from it. None of us walk into anything hoping to be lost but once we are, isn't it nice to know there is someone who wants to help us find our way out?

I still get lost but am so very grateful for the lessons I learn when I allow Him to teach me on my way to being found.

Always,


Hope


No comments: