September 09, 2012

Guess Who is Going to Haiti?

Last week Sarah Bessey posted this on her blog. She is going to Haiti.

Remember on the 12th of January, 2010 when the horrific earthquakes hit Haiti? The devastation was unbelievable.

I wanted to go. I ached to be there and help out. With my background, I was sure I would be able to help medical teams to sort through and do something meaningful. The only thing was, the teams that were going all had pretraining and prescreening to deal with the job they had ahead of them. In other words, they were "preapproved".

On Thursday, when I read that Sarah was going, I was thrilled for her. Hearing her heart over the years, it was encouraging to know that there would be more being done to reach the people of that region. I emailed one of my overly gushing notes of excitement to let her know I would be praying and of course she could take my heart with her.

That afternoon, The Coffee Guy found out that his planned trip to India for 2013 wasn't going to happen. There won't be another team going until 2014.

On Friday night, the CG's phone rings and although he doesn't answer on Fridays, he checked the ID to make sure. It was our Senior Pastor (who doesn't call on Fridays unless it is very important). After a few minutes, he comes back in the kitchen with a funny look on his face. "Pastor wants to know if I want to go to Haiti. There is a team going at the beginning of October and someone dropped out. Everything is already paid for, I just have to say yes."

*Sob*

As I composed myself on the corner of the kitchen floor he says, "Honey? We can pray about it...are you alright?" I nodded my head and replied "You have to. I want to go. I was supposed to go but you have to go for me!"

So after a few minutes of prayer, we agreed, he has to go. He can't pass up this opportunity to minister to the people that God has imprinted on my heart.

Pray for us over the next month as we scramble to gather anything he will need to go. Continue to pray for the people of Haiti. The recovery has been slow at best. There is something going on there and I can't wait to find out!

Praying for a Disabled Child in India


Always,


Hope

No comments: