June 22, 2012

50 Days to 50 - To Kiss and Make Up

Day 23

The Ibex

This adorable creature lives in my husband's car. We aren't really sure what he is but after an online poll, we decided he looks like and ibex so that is what we call him. It is a reminder to us that laughter can sometimes be the best way to stop an argument.
I know what you're thinking! How could anyone ever argue with The Coffee Guy? After all, we have been married for a long time, you would think we would agree about everything by now. Right. (Ahem)
That day, a few years ago. We disagreed about something really important. No, I can't remember it but really, it was so very big (like many things are when they are right in front of you). I can tell you that it was after Easter. In the middle of it all, he decided to go for a drive. He went to the local all-in-one shopping store. On the 75% off clearance rack sat this poor little thing. He bought it, came home, asked forgiveness and presented me with this adorable pathetic stuffed toy instead of flowers or candy and we just laughed. (I possibly threw it at him which might have been his reason for getting something soft.)
Forgiveness is a blessing. Reconciliation is why Christ came to the earth, to reconcile us to the Father and to each other. My life is filled with moments where I need to forgive and be forgiven. The blessing of receiving those truths from Him gives me strength.

Always,


Hope

(NOTE: This is my Jubilee year. Scripture speaks of this year as a time for restoration and debts to be cancelled. I see it as a time to reflect and to count my blessings. Knowing how precious life is and how miraculous it is, I want to write about His goodness.)

2 comments:

KI said...

I asked God to bring me a husband who would lighten me up and laugh...and then came Will. He answered that request in a big huge way. And yes, laughter when in conflict is a big win in this house too! Thanks for the reminder, sister.

Anonymous said...

Love it. :-)