June 11, 2012

50 Days to 50 - Destiny

Day 14


Courtesy of Sheila Nielsen


I am a firm believer that we all have a purpose and a destiny. Every person on this earth has a reason for being here no matter how long they are here or how very brief, we all have value. We all bring something and we all leave something.
I believe that we have a loving Creator that knows our pain and may not always take us out of our situations but will always offer comfort. The more I get to know Him, the more I trust His heart. These trials, in our eyes seem long but in eternity are just a glimpse. His love for us is so strong that even He himself sacrificed His Only Son so that we could experience eternity in His presence.
Yesterday, I had the honor and privilege to be with a sweet baby boy as he briefly visited this earth. Although his time here was short, his destiny was something much greater than we may ever know. It is doubtful that his family will ever understand why but I pray that the comfort of knowing that their wee one is now cradled in the arms of the God of Love will help those most keenly touched, get through. Our hearts are all heavy and his story is greater than anyone could have imagined. His destiny may have only begun.


Always,




Hope


(NOTE: This is my Jubilee year. Scripture speaks of this year as a time for restoration and debts to be cancelled. I see it as a time to reflect and to count my blessings. Knowing how precious life is and how miraculous it is, I want to write about His goodness.)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a tough thing to walk anyone through. May his peace and comfort cover his family and all whose lives he touched.