October 15, 2012

What I Was Made For


This past Friday night was my second speaking event in two weeks. It was all that I anticipated it would be and more. It was as if I was relaxing in a room full of friends, telling stories laced with laughter and tears. Recounting the saga of infertility, adoption, loneliness grace and faith. The stories that have built my faith are testimony to His faithfulness. Speaking to the struggle of a life that measures beauty by unattainable standards. The testimony of freedom giving hope to those who seek His peace.

We remembered the woman with the issue of blood who pushed through a crushing throng as they surrounded Jesus. She just wanted to touch the hem of his robe. In the account in Luke 8:43-48, she takes the time to tell all who will listen about what Jesus did for her. Then He says this: “Daughter, be of good cheer; your faith has made you well. Go in peace.” (NKJV)

I am that woman


It's time for me to tell all who'll listen how He touched me. I no longer need to be afraid of those things that would try to keep me from Him. The hemorrhaging of my soul stopped as I pressed through throng of fear to touch His hem. He has released His healing power to renew the woman He always meant me to be.

As I stood in front of those women, testifying of His healing touch, the love of my Savior sank into their bones. The softened faces of dear sisters glistened with tears of faith and those who came for prayer went home in the arms of grace.

My heart is overflowing with gratitude for what He has brought me through. This journey is far from over with so much to learn ahead of me but I'm ready to speak life into those He brings my way. This is the beauty worth pursuing!

Isaiah 52:7a
"How beautiful upon the mountains
Are the feet of him who brings good news,
Who proclaims peace,
Who brings glad tidings of good things"

Always,

Hope

No comments: