February 24, 2012

Does God Need Me?



Do you ever wonder why we (Christ followers) get frustrated when we aren't asked to serve in places that we are called into? Those who are gifted in various areas find positions being filled by others. Some are less talented or burnt out by juggling numerous responsibilities along with those who are called and are gifted. I have been there more than I want to admit but today the Lord showed me a beautiful truth in all of this. He doesn't need me, He wants me.
He wants my willingness, my devotion, my passion and He wants a relationship with me. He isn't interested in what I do, He is interested in the condition of my heart. He wants me to be ready. He wants me to serve Him and sometimes that means in ways that I don't always recognize.
So when an opportunity to serve passes me by, when a position I desire gets handed to someone else, all I have to do is wait on Him. All I need to do is seek Him.
Isaiah 40:31
(NKJV)
"But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint."

Sometimes He doesn't want me to "do", sometimes He wants me to just "be".

Always,

Hope

No comments: